Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Things Change

Three mornings in a row we woke up to this kind of white stuff.  Nothing like the kind that's blanketing Michigan and Minnesota.  Visible evidence of a high dew point.


It was a different story this morning, and I texted this photo to my daughter to show her the view I had with my first cup of coffee.


Fishermen's Village made a few changes since my last visit there two years ago.  I was there today because there's a tourist trap/souvenir shop there, and I wanted some refrigerator magnets.  All of mine are missing in action since the new floor tile was installed.  I found a couple there that I like, including one that says "Bite Me" -- over a picture of an alligator.  



We used to eat at these two restaurants occasionally, but this year we're sticking to places that are more accessible with Ruby.  So far it's a manageable plan. 

4 comments:

OSLO said...

Nice pictures. Looking forward to being there. I would definitely take your white instead of ours. Our temperature was a whole 18 degrees today. Definitely envious right now.

Oslo

Gino said...

Ah, Flor-Ida. Greek place yet?

Santini said...

Gino -- Olympia has been the standard so far this trip. We were there last night, I had shrimp and John had their fish Excelsior. (lemon sauce, artichokes, mushrooms and scallions). I swear they are the reason he braved the trip down here. And the sun, I suppose. And the lack of ice underfoot. But the food at Olympia is on the short list.

Anonymous said...

GLAD THE WEATHER IS GOOD. JUST WHAT YOU AND JB NEED. PM