Most of the snow that is left here at this point is 'plow snow,' piled along the edges of the streets and driveways in the neighborhoods away from the lake.
There is a little more snow out near Lake Michigan. Maybe it snowed more there, maybe it gets less sun, maybe it's slower to warm up out there. (That last one is true, for sure.)
Tunnel Park's parking lot gate is still locked, but there were children playing on the playground equipment. The side gate on Lakeshore is open all winter, I think.
It was just 10 degrees colder today that my coldest ride in Florida in January. I worried about getting chilled, but as I re-learn every year, I have the right gear for cold weather rides. I was warm enough. It will take a few more rides before I fully make the adjustment though. It is hard work biking in 43 degrees. And I mostly loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment