Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cold Here, Too.

It was another full day here on the shores of the inland sea. Wednesday is a Farmer's Market day, and we browsed through most of the stalls, buying way more food than 4 people are likely to eat in the next few days. The boys even found (and bought) a pint of the dreaded Eliots. Blueberry season is over for me, I've had my fill for the year, but I understand their yielding to temptation. Once we returned to the mountain, slicing and dicing broke out and soon a huge pot of vegetable soup was simmering on the stove. I've had a bowlful, and it is some of the best soup in the history of soup.
After lunch TT and MOTU invited me to accompany them on their trek to the State Park. Winds were steady from the north at 25 mph, gusting higher. I walked about half way to Big Red with them, then decided that if I wanted to get home under my own steam, it was time for me to turn around. It was one of those "find a gear you can turn and turn it"  kind of walks into the wind.

OSLO and the COTU arrived in time for a supper of rotisserie chicken, corn on the cob and two salads.  MOTU made a delicious cucumber and tomato salad, while TT made one of his trademark salads.  We topped it off with Opal's apple crisp, made with apples picked in Fennville yesterday afternoon.  As is always the case, the dessert received rave reviews.  I skipped the group walk to Tunnel Park tonight, but the rest of the crew carried on with the tradition.  It was another excellent day.

2 comments:

Gino said...

Slicing and dicing broke out.

Good one.

Jimi said...

"Best soup in the history of soup" is a high compliment indeed. It may need an acronym if it gets used again. BSITHOS maybe ?????