Thursday, September 29, 2011

Counting Down

Number of treatments still to go ... 3. That would make Tuesday of next week the last one, if all goes as scheduled. A light at the end of the tunnel.

So of course I came down with a nagging little head cold yesterday, which I fear may get me thrown out of the building where they do the treatments. There are some gravely ill  people who come and go from that place. They even have a sign that suggests that people who cough or sneeze in the facility may be asked to wear a mask for the protection of others.  Quite reasonable, in my opinion.

This afternoon I drove through the pouring rain to Grand Rapids for a follow up visit with my surgeon.  She's seriously cool, and very smart.  (Stockholm syndrome, anyone?)  All is well, and I don't need to see her again until April 17, 2012. I am now watching a storm march across the lake with 50 mph wind gusts -- whitecaps as far as you can see.  It looks like an interesting evening.

My darling dafter made a chicken casserole (hot dish for you Minnesotans) for us this past weekend, so I have done next to no cooking this week.  It is almost as good as having a visiting master chef (Jimi) .... in addition, OSLO made some of Emmy's potato soup, and has promised to freeze some and bring it over this weekend.  Like I said, light at the end of the tunnel.

3 comments:

Jimi said...

There appear's to be some light out there at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for the promotion to master chef. I've only striven to be a decent fry cook. High praise indeed.

Emily M said...

Light at the end of the tunnel, indeed. :-)

I am glad someone else tried the potato soup. Hope it turned out ok!

BDE said...

Great photo! Two more to go now . . . Enjoy the weekend and plan a celebration of some sort for next Tuesday.