Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Prep

There is a recipe here for cranberry bread.  It smells great.  I will also be making Opal's apple crisp.  OSLO is bringing the pumpkin pie. 


The current count for Thanksgiving dinner here has risen to 9. 

3 comments:

BDE said...

Wow, that looks a lot like the nutricious cranberry bread that we always make (originally attributed to you). Yum. Emily and I are making two loaves tomorrow.
Happy Thanksgiving!

The Baker said...

BDE -- I like the fact that it is low in saturated fats -- just 2 tablespoons of fat, compared to the 8 in a normal loaf of sweet bread. And while it is carb dense, at least there are quite a few complex carbs in it. So I can satisfy my annual craving for a few slices of cranberry bread without totally blowing my diet. (Or so I tell myself. Now I just need to avoid slathering it with butter. Or eating the whole loaf.)

Witness said...

Might fine nutritious and complex carbo looking cranberry bread. I kind of expect to see another similar couple of loaves posted perhaps elsewhere on the intertubes.