My current mantra is "there is nothing more important than exercise." I don't really mean that, of course. But "there are only a handful of things that are more important than exercise" is a bit awkward, as mantras go. Apparently my other mantra is "conserve energy, especially my own." It's this second mantra that explains what I'm doing today, which is watching men work.
Today Dave and his crew (also known as Beaver Creek Landscaping) did their final fall clean up of the yard at the beach. They did a nice job -- not a leaf or a loose twig in sight.
They'll be back next week to mow the grass one more time. Both the front and the back look good, I think. I like Dave. He also plows our snow. He saves me a bunch of work.
Off topic -- as long as I was outside with my camera on a sunny day (!) I took a picture of the beach. The big winds of last week shifted some sand around, and some of it is currently hanging out in front of our place. JB's new weather station is also pictured -- he loves the wind speed function on it.
My other big task for today, besides admiring Dave's crew's work, was to supervise Chris. That's his car in our driveway. (Isn't the light great today?) Chris is the new guy who cleans my house. He hasn't been at this house before, and he laughed out loud when he saw the elevator. And immediately found a use for it, transporting all of his cleaning supplies upstairs. He plans to offer a discount to all of his clients with two story houses that have an elevator.
It occurs to me that some might think that I'm not conserving my energy -- that in reality I'm a lazy a** bum. Well, perhaps. I am actively planning Thanksgiving dinner, however. It will be here at the beach, something we've never done before. Though we've had lots of big meals here, including once where I had to call JB and have him bring over an extra plate because there were more people eating than I had plates for. (That's no longer an issue. More plates have arrived.) There will be 'just' 8 of us, I believe. OSLO is bringing a couple of dishes, as is Mallory. More energy savings. I'm getting pretty good at this.
6 comments:
Eight! Do you have enough plates?
Yep. Got it covered. I'm a little short on dessert plates, however.
Check with the owner of the dessert plates, I believe she is short of the salad plates.
But you both already know that.
I will check my plate inventory when I get home tonight. We have no salad plates at all, that much I know. Not so sure if there is a surplus of dessert plates.
I'll keep you posted!
We have traded our nice sunshine for a smattering of snow. Your photo lighting is quite good and the green of your grass is otherworldly.
It looks you have Thanksgiving figured out. I'm going to do a plate count myself soon, although I'm more interested in gravy making instruction. I may have to bring in a consultant of some kind.
Emmy -- No rush on the dessert plates. I'll make it work. ;-)
Jimi -- thanks -- I thought about what you said on your blog a while back about photography being about taking pictures of light, and yesterday it seemed to be true.
GZ makes a pretty good gravy.
Post a Comment