Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No Cows

I don't know where to even start looking for cows around here, but I do have access to a lighthouse, which has probably shown up on my blog even more often than cows have shown up on Mr. MooHoo's blog. Like the cows, I never get tired of it.
Taking photos into the sun, even in December, is not a sure thing.  The picture above turned out okay, but the end of the video below, where I pointed the camera at Big Red, and thus into the sun, went all weird and splotchy on me.  Fortunately I know how to do some basic editing, and I managed to cut out the worst of it.  Other than that bit, I like the video. 


These last couple of days our TV weather people have been encouraging us to be thankful for Lake Michigan, which is doing an admirable job of keeping us too warm for snow.  I think our lucky streak is about to end, with accumulating snow probably arriving tomorrow night.  It isn't supposed to be a lot however, and temperatures are expected to rebound into the upper 30's to near 40 on Monday.
It's been hard to keep my exercise discipline going this week.  I have to keep reminding myself that exercise has gone from being a good thing to being a necessary thing.  And I don't think shopping really qualifies as exercise, though it is more tiring.  We have three holiday related gatherings this week, plus we had dinner last night with some old friends.  That's a lot for people with our limited social skills. We may have to leave town in order to recover.

3 comments:

Jimi said...

Nice video, even with the very brief look at Big Red. We are a couple of days ahead of you in snow fall, but that's a dubious achievement.

BlackAngus said...

No cows?

Santini said...

Jimi -- You can see the bank of lake effect clouds in the first half of the video.