Sunday, June 10, 2012
2,000
The COTU spent some time with us this weekend, helping out with stuff we needed help with, and generally just hanging out. We took a walk on the beach last night, and had the place mostly to ourselves. Well, except for the ultra light.
This morning I got up early and took a short bike ride, even though it was walk day. The stars had aligned such that I needed 15 more miles to get to an even 2,000 miles for the year so far.
The other Professor and I took a walk around the neighborhood tonight, just before sunset. We chatted a bit about the year just past, then watched the sunset from the association deck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wonderful post! I love it all equally even though one picture is of a gorgeous sunset. It sounds (and looks) like you had a great day.
Nice going on reaching 2,000 miles. Are you going for 4,000 this year?
Nice pictures. TJ sure is proud of getting so tall. He almost has his sister beat. Nikki got to drive with the other grandma last night when we got back. Road test tomm. I don't know if I am ready, but Nikki is geeked.
OSLO
Jimi -- I'm not focused on 4,000 -- it might be a possibility, but my mileage goal is more modest. I came up short of 3,000 miles each of the last two years by 120 and 180 miles respectively. I'd like to correct that this year. Other than that, I'm trying to maintain a level of bike fitness that lets me ride 100 or so miles a week in 4 rides, with the other three days being walk days.
Geeked?
Aunt Barb -- Your friends call you Barbara.
Sister-in-law
3,000 looks to be well within view.
Nice number for early June.
Gino ... Thanks. If nothing goes off the rails, it should be reachable. Gotta ride every mile before I count it, though.
Post a Comment