My approach to blogger is to download photos in "compose" and do all of my text in HTML. Works for me.
I need some clarification on the term 'stretch ride' from whomever it was that added that new term to our lexicon. Today I rode out to Pine Bend Park. It is about 3/4 of a mile south of the trail on Croswell to the park, adding 1.5 miles to my usual Pigeon River loop ride. The total ride distance (27 miles) did not exceed my longest ride so far this year, but it was longer than I typically ride. So was it a stretch ride? If so, that's two in one week, and I need to go lie down. If not, carry on as before.
I got tired of being too cold on my recent rides, so today I overdressed. The big lake's water temperatures are still in the 50's, so the portion of any ride done near the lake is kind of cold. Early summer has arrived inland, however. So multiple costume changes are sometimes necessary during a ride. Today, in fact. (One of the problems of composing in HTML is that my text and my photos don't always match. SIGH.)
I haven't been to Pine Bend Park for a couple of years. It is an extension of Hemlock Crossing Park, where most of you have been. The road in to Pine Bend has been paved since I was last there, and the old house on the property (circa 1901, I believe) has been restored, and is available for 'functions'. It is a pleasant, glade like setting.
Pine Bend exists primarily as a starting/stopping point for the hiking trails that leave Hemlock Crossing Park, just north of the Pigeon River bridge. I've walked the entire distance once or twice, but it's been a while. It's not a long hike, but it's an interesting one. Here's a link to a description of the park. Click on the park map link to see how the two parks connect.
Four rides in the first 7 days of June, 106 miles. That's right where I want to be. I'm riding less without riding less. It took me a while to get here, but I'm pleased that I can do this. By the way, I really like the Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate granola bars. They have a little bit of soy protein, so they aren't ideal, but I haven't found many snack bars with protein that don't use soy. The brown stuff in the bottle is iced coffee. Blame Sharon.
6 comments:
26.5 per ride. I believe I recognize the 2 (actually 2+) hour ride.
Does it actually make a difference in final result uploading in compose or HTML? I don't know, I haven't tested that part of the process.
Iced coffee... yummy! New studies show that drinking 3 cups of coffee a day can help prevent alzheimers. I'm on it.
Keep on riding and blogging, I love it.
Sharon
Gino -- More like 2.5 hour for me. I don't work on speed, therefore I never get faster.
Composing in HTML gives me more control over the spacing, and keeps me from screwing up their photo alignment commands. (I don't like the new Blogger, either.)
Sharon -- I'm glad you're still reading my blog! I've found that iced coffee works well as an energy drink while riding. The only problem is that the ice melts and it ends up lukewarm.
GZ -- I upload all of my photos first, then insert the text around them. Which is why composing in HTML mode works best for me.
I also upload my photos in HTML mode, then do the text, and later finish up in compose mode to get the spacing the way I like it.
The photos have to be loaded in the reverse order that you want them displayed.
Jimi, I think that is the big difference between HTML mode and compose mode -- when I upload photos in compose mode, they have to be in the same order that I want them to be displayed. (We're the same, except opposite. ;-))
Post a Comment