Wind speed of 17, gusting to 25. Not exactly howling, but still hard work on a bike. I had a talk with myself about it on the return leg of today's ride. Here's what I said: "Since you choose to be a biker, you need to accept that days like this are just part of the deal. You need to make your peace with the wind. It -- literally -- goes with the territory." (It didn't help.)
A bench photo from a recent walk with the other Professor. It's in front of the log house more or less across the street from here. New owners, new bench. I think it fits in pretty well.
This dead end road gets a lot of visitors since they surfaced it in asphalt instead of gravel. It was as far as I got today. I couldn't talk myself into a full length ride (see paragraph 1). My head gives up before my legs do, every time.
3 comments:
Ah, it sounds (and looks) to me like you done good.
Wind is HARD.
I really like that bench and I recognize the Road Ends sign. Way to go!
Mr and Mrs. Smith -- Thanks for the encouragement! I knew that you two had been out in that same wind the day before, and it helped stiffen my spine (a little.)
Post a Comment