Monday, December 3, 2007

200 Posts

I did not count the number of posts in the photo, but it looked close enough to 200. If you are not amused by my play on words, well... this blog exists in part to entertain me. I am easily amused, apparently. We didn't get much snow here, but we did get ice.... the parking lots and side streets are treacherous. So besides a bit of shopping, my exercise for the day was to do some hiking around the Riley Street Cross Country Ski Trails. No evidence that anyone was desperate enough to ski in the paltry accumulations, but lots of footprints in the fresh snow. I had the place to myself, which was oddly spooky. But very pretty. I walked along loop 'B' -- for beginners, guided by the orange dots on the trees.
I was following a mountain bike's tracks in the snow until the bike took a fork onto one of the more advanced trails and I circled back to the parking lot. I like the serenity of walking in the woods, especially now when I am pretty sure that all of the deer ticks are dead or at least hibernating. Definitely cold enough to hibernate.

It was a little bit of exercise, a little 'full spectrum' sun -- I hope it counts if there is no sun -- and a little fresh air. Not much, but not zero. Stay tuned for post number 201.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 200 posts and on including a pun about it in a photo. I think amusing yourself in your blog is a big part of the exercise. Good job.

You may have longer days this time of year, but at least we have a few cloud free hours now and then. Not today, though. More snow, TT

Anonymous said...

I was amused by the posts visual pun.
BB