Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Dock

Not 'a dock,' but rather, 'A' Dock. It is, of course, empty. These slips are behind the Anchorage Party Store on Lake Mac. The parking lot at the state park was also empty -- pretty much as expected on a dreary day like today. The temperature was about 36, though -- and the wind about 10 mph from the WNW. It felt cold -- partly because I'd made some changes in my layers and got it wrong. Not cold enough to be a problem, just kind of uncomfortable.
I am now closer to 3,500 miles than I am to 3,400 miles for the year, so if I talk about this year's total miles -- and I will -- I have ridden 'almost 3,500' miles rather than 'more than 3,400.' The solstice is nearly here and the sun will soon begin its long journey north. Of course, it will get really, really cold for a while, too.

1 comment:

Gino said...

I am nostalgic for biking.