Thursday, December 13, 2007

Through the Window

I spent most of the day in the office, grading final exams and generally trying to get things wrapped up for the semester. It has been a gloomy day -- again -- but there are still a few birds around trying to cheer us up. This one was in the ornamental crabapple tree outside my living room window.
He's fuzzier than I would like, but it seems to be impossible to get a clear photo through two panes of glass. Still, I thought his red feathers provided a nice spot of cheer on a dark and cloudy day. Mrs. Cardinal was nearby, but wasn't as willing to pose for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and cheerful, I agree. It wasn't totally gloomy here, but also not very colorful. I taught my last classes of the semester (2 courses) last night and tonight. I love teaching but I am happy to have a break. Now comes the grading, but not for a day or two.
By the way, I also really like the angles in the photo of Dec 9. Very artistic!
BB

Anonymous said...

That's a colorful bird, but it looks cold out there. You'd think that cardinals would go south for the winter, or Europe or something.

It must be nice to be nearing the end of the semester. TT