Monday, March 17, 2008

Different Standard

I spent about 2 hours outside today, 'without huge discomfort.' This is where I went. The sand blowing through the tunnel has created a hill that covers the mouth of the tunnel. A path over the sand is visible on the right. Bicycle for scale.

Taken from the top of the sand hill, looking towards the lake. Lots of evidence of fairly recent visitors. Lake lovers are a hard core lot.

Looking out at the mounds of ice still lining the beach. The water beyond is relatively ice free.

Looking south at Big Red, just for additional perspective on how these ice formations line the shore.

Leaving the beach, looking towards the park. I think GZ's phrase is apt. I consider the ride to be a success, as I arrived home without ever having suffered huge discomfort. It was cold, it was windy. It is March. I rode far enough and long enough to get tired. Good enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You show the familiar places in transition to spring. It seems to take a long time before the good weather gets here. Good on you for staying with it.

It's snowing here again.

TT

Anonymous said...

Hi mom,

I am constantly impressed with your committment to the bike riding in this not so pleasant weather. The pictures of tunnel park are enlightning. It looks like spring might actually be breaking through at the park however so slowly, but is happening. Hooray for that. Forty's through the week and into Easter. The Michiganders are feeling a heat wave. I feel truly sorry for those relatives in Minnesota, they deserve a break from snow and deserve some warm weather. Hoping you get some warmth. Looking forward to seeing you all in the warm weather.

NEFB

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.