Thursday, March 27, 2008

Different Views

We don't have a caretaker for the beach house, so now and then I go out there and check to be sure the thermostat and the furnace still work, run the water faucets, flush the toilets and check for problems. Today I took my camera along. This first photo was taken from the top of the dune. (An easterly wind gives us calm water.) This was taken standing on the fore dune. It looks like the bench is missing, but I suspect that it is under there somewhere.
This was taken with my digital zoom, standing at the waters edge. Winter isn't over yet out there, but it is beginning to fade a bit.
No ride today -- the radar shows snow and mixed precipitation out over the lake, and rain here. The rain mainly isn't hitting the ground, but the sky is spitting a bit of drizzle now and again. One TV weather guy says we'll get 2-5 inches of snow accumulation before morning, another says that that none of it will stick. Different views.

2 comments:

Gino said...

Caretaker? Did you say caretaker?

Anonymous said...

No one seems interested in the position.