Here's a type of yard art that you see a lot of -- people plant flowers in all sorts of containers. These flowers are actually salmon colored, so the photo doesn't do them justice. Some nice rocks under the shrubs. (Early warning. I will be gone from Tuesday through Thursday next week, without access to a computer. Lynne and I will be on a bike trip to Traverse City.)Thursday, July 19, 2007
Froggy
Two days in a row, nearly 40 miles total for the QofM. Foggy and clammy feeling for the whole ride, really. A fairly brisk cross-headwind on the way out. We turned around a bit past half way -- PSPS, and returned along the lake shore. It comes as close to a hilly route as there is here, I believe. And we needed a little hill practice. There were no deer sightings today, but we did see a very large, dead fish along the road. Not anywhere near water, strangely. We rode up into one of the cottage communities near VanBuren Street -- the one with the big stone gates, if you remember that. We found a couple of nice little hills back in there. Some tear down and reconstruction going on there, too -- but not so much as in many of the waterfront neighborhoods. The bike path was empty when we left at 9:00, but by the time we returned home it was densely populated with a wide variety of people of all ages and skill levels. Even Lynne chose the road instead of the path for a while.
Here's a type of yard art that you see a lot of -- people plant flowers in all sorts of containers. These flowers are actually salmon colored, so the photo doesn't do them justice. Some nice rocks under the shrubs. (Early warning. I will be gone from Tuesday through Thursday next week, without access to a computer. Lynne and I will be on a bike trip to Traverse City.)
Here's a type of yard art that you see a lot of -- people plant flowers in all sorts of containers. These flowers are actually salmon colored, so the photo doesn't do them justice. Some nice rocks under the shrubs. (Early warning. I will be gone from Tuesday through Thursday next week, without access to a computer. Lynne and I will be on a bike trip to Traverse City.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good that you and Queenie got in some training before your tour. Forty miles in two days will knacker some people. Good going, both you and the queen. TT
Post a Comment