Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Queen Cancels

Pretty much as expected, something else came up. As it turns out, today wasn't such a good day for a ride, anyway. It started raining about the time I got up this morning, and I ended up watching the whole stage of the tour while I waited for the sun to come out and dry things up. As you can see, the sun didn't come out, but the wind did come up. It dried things up enough for a ride after lunch, if you don't mind riding in the wind. I used the self timer on my camera here, and you can see from the flag on Big Red that there was a fairly stiff wind from the south.
I'm introducing a new category of photos, too. I'm calling it 'yard art.' This one is especially incongruous -- the kissing Dutch children and a sail boat. In my favorite spot, in front of a 'road ends' sign. Yes, you've seen this sign a time or two before, but not lately.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Does your "yard art" have to be in yards or do the elm tree carvings of St Paul count?

That's a nice sail boat thingy.

Anonymous said...

If I find elm tree carvings, they will show up here, for sure. I've seen stuff on mailboxes, too, that will count. These are more of a display, decoration thing than art, I suppose. I've even seen some interesting bird houses. SS