Thursday, November 1, 2012

Off to a good start.

Under the well known theory that if there is no photo, it didn't happen, here's my turn around spot from today's bike ride. The old bridge across the Pigeon River has shown up here before, and a couple of you have even been there. It seemed like a good place for a "water's edge" photo. Although out my back door would work too, I guess.
Looking back over my most recent history, I tend to blog about 8 to 12 times a month, so NaBloPoMo may well present a challenge for me. In October I biked 9 times and posted 11 blog entries. Correlation or causation? Only one of those rides was taken when the temperature was less than 50. *Sigh* Our long range forecast has no temperatures in it in the 50's for the foreseeable future, so today I toughened up, put on (almost) all of my cold weather gear, and rode my bike. As suspected, I was plenty warm enough. (Fingers and toes being the exception, as well as those pesky opposable thumbs.) 43 degrees.  WNW at 12, gusting to 22.  Very November like.

6 comments:

Gino said...

That's a great spot although it does appear to be a hazard to navigation.

Jimi said...

Good start. Just 29 straight days to go.

Emily M said...

Excellent photo - I like the bike peeking in from the corner over there.

Santini said...

Thank you all for the most excellent comments. They are much appreciated!

GZ -- Not much navigation occurs back there. Canoes, kayaks and the occasional jet ski are all I've seen.

Jimi -- One day at a time -- it'll go by fast.

Emmy -- Thanks -- I do like to get Ruby into an occasional photo.

Mrs. Smith said...

That is an excellent photo. Sorry I missed it yesterday. It was a very long and stressful day. I needed a slow jog or a bike ride!

Santini said...

Mrs. Smith -- They are both good stress relievers. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get outside for some exercise this weekend.