It's official. 41 is too cold for me to ride. Others who are younger and hardier than I am may continue on, but I never felt quite warm enough during the time I was biking today. I'm not going to put any bicycles in the attic just yet, but I'm done riding unless/until it gets a little warmer. This afternoon I was talking with Dave from BeaverCreek, who mows the grass at the bay house, and who plows our driveways for us. He's predicting accumulating snow before Thanksgiving. Flurries are in the forecast here for tonight, so it sounds about right.
Much of the conversation at book club last night revolved around the new house that is being built on a sand dune on the south side of the harbor. "Monstrosity" was the word that was thrown around a lot. I rode Ruby down to the harbor today to get a photo of what I've been told is the just the garage area. There's not enough there yet to get any kind of feel for what the end result will look like, but it is definitely going to be big. Dominate the waterfront big, most likely, which I think is the main objection.
Edit -- Sheesh. The photo didn't come out (note to self: take two), so I didn't include it the first time. Of course we voted. I hope, and expect, that we all did. Good job.
7 comments:
Nice pic. It will be interesting to see what is there when you get back from Florida. There is just a few more days of warm weather, 60s before that nasty S word comes into play next week. Not looking forward to that.
OSLO
Dominating the waterfront is a valid objection, but I think it's also the objective.
Was there any voting activity in Michigan today?
Jim -- True. Sure.
Sylvi - terse.
Does the "monstrosity" really not have any other houses near it? It really will dominate the waterfront then. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
Did your book club like the book, overall? It looked really intriguing.
I commented and it seems to have disappeared into the void... Odd.
Anyway, did book club like the book? It sounded pretty intriguing to me.
Also, I definitely concur that 41 is just too cold, even with appropriate layers.
Emmy,
I got both comments in my email, but only one shows up here. Blogger.
The book generated some lively discussion, and it was generally agreed that it was a one of their favorites of the year.
Post a Comment