It doesn't seem possible that August has arrived this early. We spent the entire summer in Michigan and I remember endless discussion about whether or not we were even going to have a 90 degree day, and though I think we did, I am not certain. Here, at least according to the Channel 2 weather guy, the first 90 degree day typically shows up in May. The temperature has been flirting with a high of 90 for several days now, with dew points in the 70's and pretty much constant winds. The winds don't really matter, since I am not spending much time outside. I hunker down in August in Michigan, and will continue to do that here as long as this continues. The cause of this early bit of summer has something to do with the sub-tropical jet stream, we've been told. It has moved north way earlier than normal. You're welcome.
I took a walk after supper tonight to check out the construction zone at the end of our street. The sky looked a little threatening at that point, and it is currently raining -- another typical Florida summer day. There are a couple of flowering shrubs a street or two over that I wanted to photograph.
Once again, since I'm not from here, I don't know what these are, but they caught my eye earlier this week. They're a strikingly bright yellow in real life. With outdoor activity limited due to the suffocating atmosphere, I did some mall walking earlier today. Well, this photo isn't from today, it's from early December, but it is the same concept. Different mall.
It is time to start organizing the luggage.



3 comments:
The flowers are pretty.
Really glad I wasn't there.
I'm not that fond of 90º weather, but it's still better than -20º. I hope you get some relief from the heat and humidity. I bet Michigan will be more livable.
Jimi -- I hope that there are more than those two alternatives. Both restrict activity and give me cabin fever pretty quickly. Michigan has not been as warm as Minnesota this past week, but there is a slow meltdown happening there, too. I'm heading home in two weeks, regardless. We've stayed too long at the fair.
Post a Comment