Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It's green they say, on the far side of the hill.

Even though JB is half Irish, St. Patrick's Day doesn't inspire much revelry here.  We're fine with that, as it turns out.  On Tuesday mornings we usually hit up the gym at the Cultural Center and often stop in their cafe after we're done with out "workout" for a late breakfast.   The people watching is always pretty interesting there, and today was no exception.  It's an older crowd and though there was quite a bit of green being worn, it mostly seemed a little half hearted to me.


My impression was that there wasn't much planning or effort that went into the wearing of the green -- more like we all walked into our closets this morning and rummaged around until we found something green.  That's what happens on the far side of the hill.

2 comments:

Gino said...

On the far side of the hill the alternative is?

Happy Saint Paddy's day, I guess, although I must admit Flor-Ida doesn't look all that Irish.

Over the Hill said...

Gino, It was a one foot in the grave theme, admittedly. I thought it was amusing, though.

Next line -- I'm going away to where the grass is greener still. That was the less obvious theme. Going home. It will be in any posts I do this next week, I'm pretty sure.

Santini