If going from the 24,000's to the 25,000's (in days) isn't leveling up, then what is? I like the idea of it -- at least in part -- because I used to lecture my introductory students about how the measurement of time, especially how we cut it into segments, is somewhat arbitrary. Also, I'm still hanging out in Flor-Ida and have totally run out of things to say about it. So here's a photo of the 25,000 day old person with his little family, taken in 1983 during Tulip Time. Late edit: It was probably 1985. The baby hadn't been born yet as of Tulip Time 1983.
Looks like maybe he's going to live forever and then turn into a hickory post.

4 comments:
Cute picture! It is something to celebrate, not everyone lives that many days. I'm glad I'm one of them.
But probably not 1983 as TCWUTH wasn't born until after tulip time 83. Also I can see my gold watch which I received as a graduation present in June 83. Even 84 seems not quite right, it looks to me more like 1985.
Great photo of FT and her giant sunglasses though. Were sunglasses of that size and shape really ever a thing?
I guess so.
Excellent points. I need a fact checker as well as an editor.
Nice photo of a young family. It's great that all these photos still exist and are so accessible.
Post a Comment