Sunday, March 29, 2015

Late March Beach Walk

The Grands and I took a short walk down the beach this afternoon.  It felt good to be there and get a first hand view of how things look.  The ice isn't completely gone yet, as you can see.  The sun was still out when we were there, but it did cloud over and both snow and rain before the afternoon was over. TJ brought along a yard stick and measured around a foot of snow at the bottom of the stairs, about the only place where it hasn't melted.  Here's a photo of the ridge of ice hills just off shore.



We walked north for a bit, then decided that it was too cold and windy to stay down there long, and came back up the north access stairway and home through the neighborhood.    In about two weeks it will have been 18 years since we bought this place.  Every year is different.  I never get tired of it.

4 comments:

Jimi said...

The lake's beach looks different this time of year, doesn't it? I'm sure that it's great to be able to walk the beach again with the yung'ens.

Spring is in the air.

OSLO said...

Nice pictures. Could stand to have that snow gone, but today it is 50 and I know the weekend was good for all. Glad to have you home. Loving the mints. Thank you again!

OSLO

Santini said...

You are welcome, OSLO. I love my purple Easter tulips! Thank you.

BDE said...

My mom got purple tulips also for her birthday.
Sounds like you are happy to be back on the hill!