Friday, March 27, 2015

Oh, PIE -- I am so over you.

The identifying letters for airports don't always seem to make sense to me.  RSW for Ft.Myers, for example -- apparently regional south west is what it stands for.  I get MSP and have no problem with GRR, but PIE is a mystery to me.  It's the Clearwater/St. Petersburg airport, and having flown into and out of it on our most recent trip south, I still don't know.  What I do know is that I won't be going there again.  I got lured in by the promise of cheap, direct flights and as is usually the case, what sounds too good to be true, usually is.  JB described it as Calcutta.  To me it was like going back in time about 50 years -- outdoor stairways to the planes, for example.  Screens with no useful information on them.  That sort of thing.  450 people in a room with limited bathroom facilities and even more limited food choices.  And delayed flights.  Not a delightful experience.  We did manage to navigate the obstacles and instead of waking up to this, as we did on Thursday morning:


We woke up to this, this morning:


There was homemade chicken soup in the refrigerator when we returned (from Kelly), and OSLO and the COTU brought food and stocked the refrigerator for us over the weekend.  If you have any of that "food is love" training left over from your childhood, you may understand how sweet this all is.  This morning the walking group walked, and drank some hot chocolate together afterwards.  I ran into an old friend at the grocery store this afternoon, and got caught up on their lives as well.  More social contact so far today than I've had for the last month or so.  There really is no place like home.

1 comment:

Jimi said...

There is no place like home. Even with a fringe of ice and snow it's nice to sleep in your own bed and within biking distance of the COTU's.

Sorry about the PIE problems.